Do you pout in your selfies so that you don’t have to show your teeth? Are you apprehensive about laughing your heart out? Do your yellow teeth prevent you from socialising? Do you think that people at your workplace find your stained teeth repulsive and it hinders your career advancements? Are you looking for ways to brighten your teeth and make them a few shades whiter?
IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, THEN READ ON.
We promise to end all of your yellow teething woes and give you that glittery smile you’ve always wanted. We are whitezone dental clinic and we are the best clinic for teeth whitening in Kolkata.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process of lightning the colour of the teeth. Traditionally, white teeth are considered more attractive. The lightning affect is achieved by either changing the natural colour of the teeth or by removing external stains. External whitening involves polishing of the teeth while intrinsic whitening involves absorption of gel by the teeth which changes its colour. Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure performed nowadays. It is not a one time-process. In order to maintain the achieved results, subsequent visits to the dentist may be required.
Why Does Teeth Change Colour Over Time?
The outermost part of the teeth is called enamel. It is the visible hard part of the teeth. Every person is born with a unique shade of teeth. This colour, however changes with time. The enamel gathers stain or the colour of the teeth changes from within. What was once bright and shiny could become pale and yellow. Such a change can take place for a number of reasons
- Eating Habits – Certain food and drinks are known to stain teeth. When these foods are taken regularly, the teeth gradually get discoloured. Some of these foods are tea, coffee and wine.
- Use of tobacco – Tobacco contains nicotine and tar. Both of these carcinogens are also known to leave permanent marks on teeth. Tar leaves brown marks on the teeth, while nicotine makes the teeth yellow.
- Age – Below the outer enamel is a middle layer called dentin which is yellow in colour. As the person ages, the enamel loses its some of its surface and the yellow dentin shows through.
- Injury – An injury to the mouth can propel the central nervous system which shows through the enamel.
- Medicines – Some medicines are known to cause discoloration in teeth. Antihistamines and antipsychotics are such drugs. Exposure to radiation above the neck can also cause discoloration.
Who Needs Teeth Whitening?
Anyone who is not happy with their present colour of their teeth may opt for teeth whitening. Anyone who has a history with tobacco, or is a regular wine drinker; anyone who have undergone a dental procedure which has caused yellowing of their teeth, are all contenders for teeth whitening procedures.
Why Should I Get My Teeth Whitened?
Most of us are not born with perfect white teeth, but we always strive for perfection. Dentists at whitezone dental clinic can help you achieve that dream smile. Teeth smile is needed because :
- White teeth are visually aesthetic
- White teeth give you confidence
- White teeth amplify you socially
- They are a sign of good hygiene
- They can help you with career advancements
How The Process Of Teeth Whitening Carried Out?
The process of teeth whitening begins with the dentist taking an image of the teeth. This is done in order to compare the results before and after the procedure. At this stage the dentist might look for signs of infection in the teeth. A tooth with an infection is needed to be made infection-free before the process of whitening can start.
The dentist places a protective apparatus around the gums to prevent bleaching of the gums.
It is the most common widely used whitening procedure. A whitening gel is directly applied to the surface of the teeth. The gel is a complex compound of hydrogen peroxide.
Once the gel is thoroughly applied to the teeth, laser light is used to activate the gel. The laser acts as a catalyst and expedites the entire process of bleaching.
After the process is completed, the doctor will re-examine the teeth. If the teeth are skill dark, the dentist may refer you to carry out the whitening procedure at home.
In order to carry out the whitening procedure at home, the dentist will give you custom mouth piece. The mouthpiece is made after taking impressions of your upper and lower jaw. The mouthpiece must be perfect fit. The well-fitted mouthpiece allows the gel to remain in contact with the teeth.
At home, the mouthpiece is needed to be filled by a gel provided by the dentist. The mouthpiece will be required to be worn for several hours of the day, as prescribed by the dentist.
How Long Will The Effect Of Teeth Whitening stay?
The effects of teeth whitening can last upto three years. But the procedures done at whitezone lasts in excess of three years. However, maintenance and precaution needs to be exercised on the side of the patient. The effect is less likely to last as long if you smoke, or eat or drink products that can stain your teeth. Ask our dental team for the tips and adhere to it.
Are The Whitening Kits Available In The Market Any Good?
There are some over the counter whitening kits also available in the market. These kits might take longer and the mouth piece may not be a perfect fit. There might also be inconsistencies in the results achieved. For this reason, it is best advised that you head to whitezone dental clinic and get your procedure done.
My Teeth Have Undergone A Root Canal Treatment? Can I Still Go For Teeth Whitening?
Yes. However, the procedure is slightly different.
Root filling can cause discoloration of the tooth. However this discoloration is intrinsic, that is, it comes from the inside of the teeth. In order whiten a tooth with RCT done, a dentist will use a procedure which will whiten it from the inside. The canal will have to be opened and the whitening product will have to be applied from the inside. A temporary filling is then used to close the tooth. The tooth will be left this way for several days. You may need this done only once, or it can be repeated until the tooth reaches the desired shade.
Are There Any Risks Or Side Effects Associated With Teeth Whitening?
Most of the risks associated with teeth whitening are myths. Some people claim that it causes cancer. Nothing could be farther away from the truth.
Whitening is safe procedure and the only known side effects include TEMPORARY sensitivity of the teeth and irritation in the gums.
However, it is not advisable for pregnant women to undergo teeth whitening procedures. The effect of whitening agent on foetus development is still a matter of research. Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure and should be postponed till delivery.
How Long Does The Procedure Take?
The process itself can be completed in single sitting, taking about 40 minutes. However, patients may be required to be carried whitening procedures at home in order to achieve the desired shade. The duration of the home treatment varies from patient to patient and is decided by the dentist. Normally, it takes 2-4 weeks.
Is The Procedure Painful?
The process of extrinsic whitening is not painful at all. However, intrinsic whitening is known to cause sensitivity issues in the teeth which may last up to 24 hours.
How Much Is The Cost Of The Procedure?
The process is fairly cheap and affordable. We at whitezone give you the best service at the most competitive prices.
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Teeth Whitening?
- Our Whitening procedures are painless and with no side effects.
- We complete the entire procedure in a single sitting. Even our home whitening kits perform better than the others.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best whitening packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our implants fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they are completely satisfied. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Hospitable Staffs – Our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.
- Least Invasive Procedures – Even whitening done on a tooth with root filing is minimally invasive.