Do you or your child have misaligned teeth? Do you suffer from the problem of overbites? Do your jaws don’t sit in harmony when you close them together? If you have one or more of the aforementioned problems, then you need to see an orthodontist. We are whitezone dental clinic and we have the best team of orthodontists in Kolkata.
What Is Orthodontia And Who Is An Orthodontist?
Orthodontia is a specialized branch of dental care. It is concerned with straightening of the teeth. It is the branch of dentistry that corrects the improperly positions jaws and teeth. It is difficult to clean crooked teeth and teeth which do not fit properly. These teeth are at risk a of periodontal diseases and tooth decay. Such teeth also have a hard time chewing food and cause headaches, back pain, neck pain and diseases such as TMZ. Orthodontists are specialized professionals who diagnose underbites, overbites, overcrowded mouth, misaligned teeth and jaws. These problems grow over time and should not be left untreated.
The result of an effective orthodontic treatment is healthier teeth and mouth, a more presentable appearance and teeth which may last a lifetime with proper care.
What Does An Orthodontist Do?
In simple words, an orthodontist fixes misaligned teeth. For doing so, he will be required to identify the problem in your teeth. There may be gaps in your teeth. These are called diastema. These can grow larger over time and can disrupt the entire shape of the jaw and mouth. An orthodontist closes this gap by pulling the teeth outlining the gap together. On the other side of the spectrum, there can be too many teeth in the mouth giving a clustered appearance. An orthodontist will create better spacing in the mouth by extracting the extra teeth.
How Would I Know That I Need To Visit An Orthodontist?
Your regular dentist will tell you if you really need to visit an orthodontist. He will outline the various plausible benefits that you may garner from an appointment with an orthodontist. Orthodontists use a variety of medical tools such as digital X-rays, plaster models etc to draft a treatment plan best suited to your needs. Normally if you have one or more of the following predicaments, you are a candidate for an orthodontic visit.
- Overbite – it is also known as ‘buck teeth’. In this condition the upper jaw overrides the lower jaw by a lot of margin. The upper jaw lies in front.
- Underbite – in this condition the lower teeth protrude in front of the upper teeth, giving an appearance of a bull dog.
- Crossbite – in this condition the upper teeth do not slightly edge the lower teeth when biting.
- Open bite – there are open spaces between the chewing surfaces of the front or the rear teeth.
- Misplaced Midline – when there is no line of symmetry joining the middle of teeth in the upper jaw and middle of teeth in the lower jaw.
- Spacing – spaces may be left in your mouth due to one or more missing teeth or due to teeth which do not fill the mouth completely.
- Crowding – there is a surplus of teeth and for the dental ridge to accommodate and it gives rise to a crowded mouth.
What Are The Different Treatments Used Under Orthodentistry?
All orthodontic treatments are available at Whitezone dental clinic. These can be broadly classified into two categories, namely:
Fixed Appliance Treatments
- Braces – these are one of the most common kind of orthodontic treatment. Braces consist of bands, wires and brackets. Bands are used as anchor for the braces and are fixed around the teeth, while the brackets are mostly bonded to the front of the teeth. Wires are arched and are attached to the bands after passing them through the brackets. The teeth are then put under tension by tightening the arch wires. The tension created in the teeth pulls the teeth to the desired position. The wires are usually adjusted at regular intervals. Braces may take a few months to few years to achieve the desired result. Braces come in a variety of colours and materials. Braces of today are lighter and less conspicuous that braces of yesteryears. Braces available at whitezone dental clinic are of the best quality and of the widest range. We also achieve the desired result is the shortest span.
- Special fixed appliances – these are used to control tongue thrusting or thumb sucking. These too are attached to the teeth by the use of bands. However, they are very uncomfortable during meals and hence are used in cases when they are the last option.
- Fixed shaped maintainers – in case that a tooth is lost prematurely, the new tooth may take some time to erupt. To maintain the gap created by the missing teeth, space maintainers are used. A band is attached to the tooth next to the empty space, and a wire is extended to the tooth on the other side of the space.
Removable Appliance Treatments
- Aligners – they are an alternate treatment to braces and are mostly used by adults. Their working principle resemble braces but without the hassle of metal wires and brackets. They are mostly invisible and can be removed during brushing, flossing and eating.
- Removable space maintainers – they serve the same function as their fixed counterparts. Their base is made of acrylic that fits over the jaw. Plastic or wire branches are used to keep the spaces between specific tooth open.
- Jaw repositioning appliances – they are mostly used to correct temporomandibular joint disorders. These devices are used to drag the jaw to a desirable position and are worn on either the top or lower jaw.
- Lip and cheek bumper – these are used to relieve the pressure on the teeth exerted by the lip and cheek muscle. They are designed in such a way that they help in keeping the teeth away from cheeks and lips.
- Palatal expander – this device is used to broaden the arch of the upper jaw. It fits over the upper roof of the mouth and resembles a plastic plate. The screws in the plate exert outward pressure on the bones of the palate. As a result, the bones open lengthwise, thereby increasing the palatal area.
- Removable retainers – these devices prevent the teeth from shifting to their previous misaligned position. These are worn on the roof of the mouth and can even be modified to prevent thumb sucking.
- Headgear – They pull back the front teeth while holding the rear teeth in their original place by slowing the growth of the upper jaw.
How Much Do The Procedures Cost?
As enlisted above, there are a number of orthodontic treatments available. The cost of these treatments varies from patient to patient and the kind of treatment one desires. For example, the cost of metal braces and ceramic braces differ greatly. But whitezone dental clinic guarantees to provide the best prices and packages to our customers, delivering on our promise of delivering everlasting smiles for the price of dime.
How Long Do The Procedures Take?
The length of the procedure varies too depending upon the treatment plan and the extent of misalignment of the teeth. But again, whitezone believes in providing our patients quick healing.
Are The Effects Permanent?
Some of the effects of orthodontic treatments are permanent while others may require subsequent re-enforcements. The need for re-enforcements depends upon the patient and their oral habits. Our dentists will discuss the best possible treatments and the need for re-enforcements, if needed altogether. We deliver transparent and unambiguous treatment to our patients.
Are Orthodontic Processes Safe?
All the processes done under the roof of Whitezone dental clinic are safe and risk free. We prioritise our patient’s well being above everything else.
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Orthodontic Treatment?
- Our procedure is completely painless – We believe in delivering painless smiles and all are procedures are designed keeping this in mind.
- We complete the entire process in the least number of possible appointments – We understand that repeated visits for the same procedure can be exhausting for the patient. Therefore, we finish all our services in the least number of appointments. But we never compromise on quality. Despite the least number of sittings, we adhere to the high-quality safety standards we have set for ourselves.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best smile makeover packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our procedures fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they completely heal. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Transparent Consultancy – Our doctors are completely transparent with our patients. There are no hidden terms in our consultation.
- Hospitable Staffs – Going through a dental process can be mentally draining and we understand this. Therefore our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.
- Least Invasive Procedures – Our procedures are designed in such a way that they are least invasive but provide massive effectiveness.
- Long-lasting – Our orthodontic treatments last longer than the ones given at other treatments. Our doctors also tell you the ways in order get the maximum durability out of our processes.