Does your problem of overlapping teeth give you nightmare? Do your misaligned teeth lead to awkward social situations? Are you unable to chew your food properly due to the positioning of your jaw? Does the fault in your teeth orientation causes constant toothache? If you answer YES to one or more of the aforementioned problems, then you might be in need of dental braces. Visit whitezone dental clinic and get your braces grafted by the best clinic for braces in Kolkata.
What Are Dental Braces?
Dental braces are orthodontic appliances that dentists use in order to crowded teeth, misaligned teeth or protruding jaws. They consist of wires which tight around the wires to tighten and correct the teeth positioning. Braces are available in a number of varieties. Whitezone dental clinic have all of these available.
Can Only Children And Teenagers Get Braces?
While majority of the patients using braces are children or teenagers, even adults can greatly benefit from the use of braces. Remember, there is no age to stop caring for your teeth, Whitezone dental clinic have expert doctors who skilfully treat patients of all age groups.
How Do I Know That I Need To Get Braces?
There are a number of problems that can be precursor to getting braces. Some of these are:Underbite –
it is a condition in the lower jaw extends beyond the upper jaw. A common visualization of this problem can be the lower teeth lying in front of the upper ones.Overbite – in
this condition the upper teeth exceeds the lower teeth considerably. Due to overbite, the teeth in the lower jaw are at a risk of damaging the roof of the mouth by biting accidentally into the tissues.Openbite –
when the upper and lower jaw do not overlap, it creates gaps in the teeth and is called openbite. There might chewing difficulty and speech issues due to the problem of openbites.Crossbite –
the problem of crossbites occur when the upper jaw and the lower jaw are either too broad or too narrow relative to each other such that the teeth in them do not intertwine. This can result in a potential jaw shift and growth of misaligned teeth.Crowding –
crowing occurs when there is insufficient space in the gum for all teeth to erupt. If timely intervened by the use of braces, the problem of crowding can be solved without involving extraction.Gaps –
Gaps can be created due to missing teeth or disproportionately small teeth. Gaps can be corrected by using braces to bring the teeth closer and closing the gaps.
How Do Braces Work?
Braces consists of brackets, arch wires, bands, spacers and elastics. The brackets (available in various materials) are glued to the teeth by the use of organic bonding material. Through these brackets, a metal wire is passed. Then bands are colourful rings which support the attachment of the to the brackets. Bands are often required to be changed during the course of the treatment. Braces work with patience. They slowly encourage the teeth to move to the correct position by applying constant pressure on them. The arch wire is the apparatus which puts in the maximum effort while other parts offer able support. The working principle behind braces is bone remodelling. The teeth we see is only the half of it, while the other half is embedded in the gingiva. Constant pressure enables the braces to alter the shape of the teeth-bone and achieve desired results.
Types Of Braces
Gone are the days when braces were nothing but ugly chunky piece of metal. Braces of today are available in a host of material options and colours. Braces can be a style statement for you. The different kinds of braces available in the market are:Traditional braces –
traditional braces have evolved greatly and now are much lighter than their predecessors. They are composed of high-grade stainless steel with brackets made up of metals as well. Traditional braces may or may not need the o-rings. When the braces function without the ring bands, they are called self-litigating braces.Ceramic braces –
the working mechanism of ceramic braces are homologous to those of traditional braces, however they are made up of ceramic which is transparent in nature. As a result, they are less conspicuous than traditional braces. It is for this reason that adults generally prefer the ceramic variety over traditional ones.Lingual braces –
lingual braces are mostly similar to metallic braces except for the fact that they are installed on the inside of the tooth surface and not outside. This makes them almost totally invisible to an average observer. Lingual braces retain all the goodies of the traditional braces but introduce certain complications of their own. For starters, they are difficult to clean and can hinder the process of talking. They also are more expensive and require a longer treatment plan.Damon braces –
these braces are garnering huge popularity since it helps achieve the desired results in lesser number of dental visits. Damon braces are self litigating. Instead of a band, they employ a slider mechanism in order to connect the arch wires. They are easier to clean as well.Clear and removable aligners –
they resemble clear mouthguards and can be able replacements for ceramic and damon braces. These removable plastic braces make eating and cleaning the teeth very easy. They are required to be changed every two weeks. Every new aligner takes the process of teeth correction a step further. Clear aligners are also of significant help in maintaining the effects of an orthodontic treatment.Palatal expanders –
patients who suffer from the predicament of overcrowded teeth, palatal expanders can save them from the troubles of tooth extraction. Palatal Expanders fit the palate and gradually move the teeth apart by constant pressure to the upper molars.
What Are Retainers?
The newly aligned teeth need stabilization after removal of the braces. This is achieved by the use of retainers. Retainers are required to be worn for a specific period of time. They are available both in fixed and removable varieties.
What Is The Cost Of Braces Treatment?
The braces requirement for every patient is unique. We have already seen the kinds of braces available in the market. Each of these braces have their own pricing. For example, ceramic braces are more expensive than traditional braces. Moreover, the treatment plan for each patient is different. Longer treatment plan will require more visits to the dentist for braces adjustments and maintenance. All these factors make it difficult to predict an approximate cost for braces treatment. Having said that, whitezone dental clinic is guaranteed to provide you with the best quality braces at the most competitive price.
How Long Would I Be Required To Wear Braces?
The duration for which you will be required to wear braces depends upon the treatment plan, the extent of your problem and the kind of braces you opt for. Our dentists will give you an optimum time-frame after checking your teeth. Normally, braces are worn for 18 months to two years, however they may be required to be worn for a longer period.
Are Braces Safe?
All treatments done under the roof of whitezone dental clinic are safe. We never put our patients at risk. We carry our processes with utmost precision and expect our patients to adhere to the precautionary advice that we give them for maximum effectiveness.
Are The Effects Permanent?
Most of the times the effects are permanent. In certain complicated cases the use of aligners is also recommended. Our dentists will discuss these during your first appointment.
The braces will not last forever without proper care. Dirty braces can cause a host of problems. Therefore, it is important to care for your braces. Following are the certain tips:
- Elastics should be removed before brushing
- Brushing should be practised with a fluoride toothpaste with soft strokes
- Brushing of every tooth individually for about 10 seconds is recommended
- After brushing, the elastic band should be reinstalled as per the instructions of the dentist
- Foods with high acid content and excess sugar should be avoided
- Visit the dentist regularly in for minor adjustments and overall inspection
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Braces Treatment?
- Our procedure is completely painless – We believe in delivering painless smiles and all are procedures are designed keeping this in mind.
- We complete the entire process in the least time duration – We understand that living with braces can be difficult therefore we try to attain teeth alignment as quickly as possible.But we never compromise on quality. Despite the least number of sittings, we adhere to the high-quality safety standards we have set for ourselves.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best smile makeover packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- All kinds of braces are available under our roof. We have both child friendly colours and inconspicuous ones for more sophisticated needs.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our procedures fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they completely heal. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Transparent Consultancy – Our doctors are completely transparent with our patients. There are no hidden terms in our consultation.
- Hospitable Staffs – Going through a dental process can be mentally draining and we understand this. Therefore our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.
- Least Invasive Procedures – Our procedures are designed in such a way that they are least invasive but provide massive effectiveness
- Our braces treatment is a permanent procedure and will last a lifetime with the measures advised by our doctors.