Your teeth can be an indicator of your overall health, so of course it is important to take care of them. Regular dental visits and an oral hygiene routine can help you keep your teeth in the best condition possible. However, there may be times when you have an ailment or abnormality that requires a more in-depth examination and treatment and, in this article, we will help you find out the best dental clinic in Kolkata for you.
What are common Oral Ailments?
There are many different oral ailments that can affect people of all ages. Some are:
- Tooth decay: This is one of the most common oral problems, and it occurs when the enamel on your teeth starts to break down. This can happen due to poor dental hygiene, drinking sugary or acidic beverages, or eating sticky foods.
- Gingivitis: This is an inflammation of the gums that can lead to bleeding and swelling, usually caused by plaque build-up on the teeth.
- Periodontitis: This is a more serious form of gingivitis that can damage the bones and tissues around the teeth.
- Cavities: Cavities are holes in the teeth that are caused by tooth decay. They can be painful and cause sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Abscessed tooth: This is a tooth that has become infected. It can cause severe pain, swelling, and fever.
How to Prevent Oral Ailments ?
There are a few things you can do to prevent oral ailments:
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly. This will help remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth and gums.
- Eat a healthy diet. A balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Limit sugary drinks and snacks.
- Go to your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
Causes of Oral Ailments
There are many different causes of oral ailments, and it is important to be aware of them in order to seek treatment at the best dental clinic in Kolkata. Some of the most common causes of oral ailments include:
- Tooth decay: This is one of the most common oral ailments, and it is caused by the build-up of plaque on the teeth. Plaque is a sticky film that contains bacteria, and it can cause tooth decay if it is not removed properly.
- Gum disease: Gum disease is another common oral ailment, and it is caused by the inflammation of the gums. Gum disease can lead to tooth loss if it is not treated properly.
- Oral cancer: Oral cancer is a serious oral ailment that can be deadly if it is not detected early. Oral cancer can occur in any part of the mouth, including the tongue, lips, cheeks, and palate.
- Dry mouth: Dry mouth is a condition that occurs when there is not enough saliva in the mouth which can cause problems with speaking, eating, and swallowing. It can also lead to cavities and gum disease.
The best dental clinic in Kolkata
When it comes to oral health, there is no substitute for a good dentist. And when it comes to finding the best dental clinic in Kolkata, Whitezone should be your first choice. Whitezone is the best dental clinic in Kolkata for oral ailments and cosmetic dentistry. We offer a wide range of dental services that are designed to meet the needs of our patients by using the latest technology and equipment to provide with the best possible care. We offer a variety of services such as teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, implants, and much more.
We hope that our guide to the best dental clinics in Kolkata has helped you find the right treatment for your oral ailment. Remember to always consult with your dentist before undergoing any treatment, and we wish you the best of luck in maintaining good oral health!