The removal of wisdom teeth can be a harrowing experience. Internet is a bad place to learn about wisdom teeth extraction because it is filled with terror stories. There are two reasons behind dreadful wisdom tooth removal experiences. First is the incompetence of certain surgeons who fail to execute the process masterfully and second is the ignorance of certain patients who don’t take the post process precaution seriously or choose the wrong dental problems. Luckily, none of these problems exist at whitezone dental clinic as evident by our unblemished history when it comes to wisdom tooth removal. Let us breathe some fresh air and clear myth regarding the grim situation surrounding wisdom teeth extraction.
What Are Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth are the third molars in every jaw. They remain under the gums and erupt only when the person comes of age. Hence, the name wisdom teeth.
Why Should Wisdom Teeth Be Removed?
The early men had excessive wearing on their teeth due to their rough diet. By the time, they reached adulthood, one or two of the molars would completely wither away, leaving enough space for the wisdom teeth to drift and fill the vacant space. Modern men consume much softer food and the advancements in dental hygiene further prevent their erosion. Therefore, there is little or no space for wisdom teeth to fill. This can cause a number of problems:
Wisdom teeth can grow partially causing a flap-like gum tissue near the eruption site. Food can get trapped in this flap and cause infection.
If there is no space for the wisdom tooth to erupt, it may force against the side of the adjacent tooth, causing complications.
Cramping of teeth lead to a number of oral problems like development of fluid-filled sacs or even cysts
Can Any Dentist Extract My Wisdom Teeth?
Yes, any dentist can extract them but it is not advisable. Wisdom teeth are best extracted by a maxillofacial dental surgeon. Whitezone dental clinic boasts of an enviable entourage of doctors who can perform the procedure painlessly.
When Should I Get My Wisdom Tooth Removed?
To put it simply, the earlier the better. It is not advisable to wait for wisdom teeth to erupt and cause problems. Wisdom teeth related problem multiplies quickly and therefore the problem should be killed in the bud. Moreover, an early removal of the wisdom teeth allows for quicker healing. Researchers have found that older patients run into risk of developing periodontal diseases which can affect the overall health of the patient negatively.
How Long Does The Procedure Take?
The length of the procedure depends upon the number of teeth being extracted. Some patients want it to be done at go, while others want to get it extracted one by one. Whitezone dental clinic promises to give you the shortest treatment plan.
What Is The Process Of Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
The dentist will sedate with one of the three types of anaesthesia – local, sedation or general. The choice of the anaesthesia depends upon the treatment plan and your choice. After sedation, the dentist will make a small incision on the gum to expose the wisdom-tooth imbedded gum. After performing the imaging procedures (Orthopantomogram), the dentist will decide the kind of treatment plan for you. A section of the exposed jaw bone is then cut to reveal the wisdom tooth. The exposed wisdom tooth is cut in to 2-3 chunks for easy removal. After extracting the tooth, the operated area is cleaned and then stitches are made. Medicines and precautionary measures are then discussed.
How Long Is The Recovery Phase?
You are advised to rest for the remainder of the day. Daily life activities can resume for the next day, however strenuous activities should be kept to a minimum. Wounds generally heal within a week. Self dissolving stitches dissolve on their own.
Are There Any Post-Operative Precautions?
Yes, there are. Dentists at whitezone will discuss this at lengths with you. Following these will help you recover quickly. Some of these are – Eating soft food for two days after the procedure Rinsing your mouth with lukewarm saltwater Avoiding sugary and caffeinated drinks for a few days Sucking on straw is discouraged Avoiding smoke and tobacco Using mouthwash for a couple of days
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Smile Design?
- Our procedure is completely painless – We believe in delivering painless smiles and all are procedures are designed keeping this in mind.
- We complete the entire process in the least number of possible appointments – We understand that repeated visits for the same procedure can be exhausting for the patient.. Despite the least number of sittings, we adhere to the high quality safety standards we have set for ourselves.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best smile makeover packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our procedures fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they completely heal. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Hospitable Staffs – Going through a surgical process can be mentally draining and we understand this. Therefore our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.
- Least Invasive Procedures – Our procedures are designed in such a way that they are least invasive but provide massive effectiveness.