What Is Scaling And Root Planing?
Scaling and Root Planing (SRP) is a non surgical method of periodontal therapy. Plaques and tartar can stain the teeth and cause inflammation in the gum amongst other periodontal diseases. Scaling and root procedure is the process of cleaning them up. SRP is the most effective precautionary as well as preliminary procedure to treat a gum disease before it worsens.
How Needs To Undergo Scaling And Root Planing?
Dental scaling is a process of cleaning the teeth and gumline which should be done once every six months. Not only does this keep the teeth free from any tartar or plaque, it also helps in keeping the gums infection-free. It also allows for polishing and shining of the teeth. However, if you have already acquired a gum infection, you will be required to undergo root planing along with scaling. It is a non-invasive periodontal treatment.
Methods Of Scaling And Root Planing
During the process, the teeth surfaces and roots are thoroughly cleaned so as to remove all bacterial toxins and plaques. After the cleaning process is completed, the dentist goes ahead with root planing which involves smoothening of all surfaces of the roots. A smooth root surface prevents bacteria and other toxins from reattaching to the gumline. There are two commonly used processes of SRP. These include: Hand-help instruments cleaning – scalers and curettes are professional instruments that are used to manually scale the tooth and root surfaces to clean plaque and tartar. Ultrasonic instrument s- a vibrating metal tip sends ultrasonic vibrations to the teeth which breaks the tartar. Water is injected at the same time which washes away the tartar.
Laser-Assisted Scaling And Root Planing
In this procedure a laser is used to move the sore gum tissues to give access to the roots. The roots are then cleansed off tartar and plaque. Then open pockets are then sealed. Laser assisted cleaning inhibits bacterial growth for a period of atleast two weeks. It also causes less irritation and discomfort as compared to traditional scaling. Moreover, it promotes healthier tissue growth.
Is The Process Painful?
The dentist uses local anaesthesia to numb the area. Scaling of the roots and teeth while cause a little discomfort, but whitezone dental clinic promises to deliver a painless experience. That is our belief and we adhere to it.
How Long Does The Process Take?
The process should be done in one sitting under 45 minutes. Some patients however prefer getting the procedure completed in two sittings, dealing with half of the mouth in each one of them.
What Is The Cost Of The Treatment?
Scaling and root planing is a cheap treatment and prices starts from as low as INR 600. Whitezone dental clinic promises to provide you the best service at the most competitive price.
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Scaling And Root Planing?
- Our scaling procedures are painless and with no side effects.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best whitening packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our processes fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they are completely satisfied. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Hospitable Staffs – Our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.