WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
An implant is a titanium fixture which acts as a man made replacement for natural tooth-root. Implants are different from transplant which is taken from another person. It is analogous to a screw which is tightened into the jawbone when the root falls out. Whitezone Dental Clinic is the best place in Kolkata to get dental implants.
Types Of Implants
There are two major types of dental implants
- Endosteal – These are typically placed in the jaw bone. They bond with the jaw bone over time. They are made of titanium as titanium is a non-biocontaminant
- Subperiosteal – These are placed under the gums but above the jawbone. They are made for patients whose gums cannot support the implants and who do not want to undergo the bone grafting process. Needless to say they last less than endosteals.
Symptoms That You Might Need Dental Implants
Any person who has one or more teeth missing is a candidate for dental implants. Implants can also be used to graft the entire teeth set in case all the teeth go missing. Implants may be placed to anchor a denture if most of the teeth are missing.
Effects Of Not Getting Dental Implants On Time In Case Of Missing Teeth
In most of the cases, missing teeth lead to unattractive smile and embarrassment. But there is a more concrete reason to get implants if you have one or more missing teeth. The bone supporting the tooth becomes loose in case of missing teeth. This loose bone then begins to disappear gradually through deterioration. The deterioration is not localised and soon spreads to neighbouring teeth. Therefore the person ends up losing multiple teeth over a period of time. To avoid such complications, it is best advised to get your implants done as soon as you notice the symptoms. Book an appointment with us to get your implants done at the best price and in an almost painless way.
Are Implants The Only Way To Fix The Issue Of Missing Teeth?
Implants are one of the ways. Dentures are another. Dental bridges are yet another way. It takes expertise and unerring knowledge to determine the best way to fix missing teeth. Doctors at Whitezone are master at this. An X-ray is drawn to approximate the amount of bone needed left after falling of the root. If the bone is not adequate, a bone grafting might be necessary before grafting the implant.
Are There Any Alternatives To Dental Implants?
In order to cater to specific or temporary needs, the need for a dental implant may be delayed. The alternatives include:
- Immediate load dental implants – They allow placement of a temporary tooth the very same day as the dental implant. However this option is only available for people with adequate amount of natural bone and strong bone-implant bonding.
- Mini-dental Implant – They are mostly used to stabilize lower dentures. They are narrower in diameter than traditional implants and are inserted using techniques which are less invasive.
Are Implants Safe?
Implants are very safe. It is a well-established treatment at Whitezone Dental Clinic. There are no side-effects and you can count on us.
How Long Do Implants Last?
Implants at whitezone are of the most superior quality and will last you a lifetime with proper care. We never had patients complaining of problems with implants done at our clinic. Infact we have done rectification processes for patients who got their implants done at other clinics. However implants need to be cared for like natural teeth. They become a part of your oral hygiene are require cleansing.
What Is The Procedure Of Grafting Dental Implants?
The process of implantation is completed in two stages.
- Stage 1 – This begins with an X-ray of the mouth where our doctors will determine if you have adequate bone in your jaw to support the implant. If the bone is dense enough, our doctors will go ahead with the grafting. It begins by administering the patient with local anaesthesia. Then the implants are placed into the jaw bone is gentle and painless way. Our modern equipments have made implants absolutely painless. The implant is then left for 2-3 months and allowed to bond with the jawbone. This process is called osseointegration and it is necessary for laying a strong foundation before the teeth can be placed. For the waiting time of these 2-3 months, the implant is covered by temporary appendages to prevent contamination and loosening of the implant.
- Stage 2 – This process involves attaching the tooth to the grafted implants. One or many teeth can be planted. Even dentures can be attached in case the entire tooth set is missing.
Why Whitezone Clinic Has The Highest Success Rate When It Comes To Dental Implants In Kolkata?
30% of the failed dental implants failures result from insufficient osseointegration. Our Dentists follow techniques which aggravates the process. Through impeccable estimates, they are able to gauge the optimal time for the process of osseointegration.
The quality of the crown that we fix on top of the dental implant is unmatched. Our crowns are low maintenance and long-lasting. Moreover, our doctors never falter in approximating the quality of the jaw bone. If the bone is less dense, they recommend prior bone grafting. These factors, coupled with our latest equipments and techniques make sure that we enjoy 100% success rate when it comes to implants.
My Jaw Cannot Support The Implant. What Should I Do?
In case when the patient’s jawbone cannot support the implant, a number of procedures can be done. These include:
Bone Augmentation – This is a process of regeneration or restoration of the bone within your jaw. Bone additives and growth factors are generally used to fortify the bones.
Sinus Elevation – This is also known as sinus augmentation and sinus lift. It is a process of adding a bone below the sinus, when the natural bone is the upper back jaw has deteriorated
Ridge Expansion – If the bone is too narrow to support the implants, a ridge is created on top of the bone using bone grafting materials.
Is There Any Age Limitation For Getting Dental Implants?
There no age limitation to dental implants as long as the bone is dense enough to support the implant. Some older people have denser bone than their younger counterparts. We have done our dental implants on people older than 70 years of age.
Is There Any Dietary Restrictions Imposed Post Dental Implants Gratification?
As mentioned earlier, our dental implants are of the most superior quality and they certainly can withstand the test of time and strength. Just clean them like u regularly clean your teeth and maintain good oral hygiene and there is no restriction on what you can eat and what you cannot.
Is There Any Pain Involved?
We at whitezone dental clinic believe in painless smile for a dime and so all our dental procedures are painless. Infact we are the only place in Kolkata to offer dental implants with no pain and zero discomfort.
Is There A Chance That The Body Will Reject The Implants?
The body never rejects an implant. It’s a mechanical device which does not need adherence to soft tissues of the body. Any failure in dental implantation that may arise is due to other factors like negligence, misalignment, forceful insertion etc. Whitezone Dental Clinic boasts of a history with no such complications and we are proud of it.
For How Long Would I Miss My School/Work?
Taking a day off would be sufficient. Our doctors specialize in quick healing techniques and you should be able to resume everyday work just the very next day.
Can I Opt For An Implant If My Previous Implant From A Different Clinic Failed?
Whether you can get an implant after a failed graft depends upon the amount of bone left in the jaw. Every failed graft takes away a part of the bone. Therefore it is strictly recommended to get your implants from us in order to eliminate the chance of any failure.
What Is The Way To Clean The Implants?
The prescribed way of cleaning the implants depends upon the position of the implant. Our dentists suggest daily brushing and flossing. Rinsing with a mouthwash could be advisable if the implants are difficult to reach otherwise.
Will It Be Obvious To The Onlookers If I Get An Implant?
Implant look and function just like normal teeth and any onlooker will not be able to tell if you ve got implants. Moreover, our alignment is so flawless, the implants often end up looking better than the natural teeth.
Can Implants Be Damaged During An Accident?
Like any normal tooth, implants too can get damaged with brute force. Therefore wearing a mouth guard is advisable if you constantly engage in adventure sports or work in accident prone areas.
Can A Single Implant Support Multiple Teeth?
It can, however it is not very advisable. Our dentists will examine the jaw bone and then take the decision. The preliminary condition is that the missing teeth should be adjacent to each other. And no implant can ever support more than two teeth.
What Are The Complications That May Arise During Or After The Dental Implants Have Been Placed?
Although dental implants are a very safe procedure, complications may arise due to the dentist’s negligence or lack of maintenance on the patient’s part. WE AGAIN EMPHASIZE THAT WHITEZONE HAS ZERO HISTORY OF THESE COMPLICATIONS AND IF YOU WANT YOUR IMPLANTS TO BE COMPLICATION FREE, ALLOW US TO SERVE.
Nevertheless some of the complications associated with dental implants are:
- Poor healing – Sometimes the dentist rushes and places the crown on the implant before it has properly healed. This can result in infection or unstable implant or both. The incomplete healing can also be due to the immune factors of the body. It comes down to the professional judgement of the dentist to estimate the healing time for the patient. Doctors at Whitezone have never got this estimate wrong.
- Improper surgical technique – A skilled dentist like at Whitezone will place the implant securely in a way which allows for prompt and concrete osseointegration. However, a slight mistake on the dentist’s part can cause mayhem in the entire process. There may be swelling, pain and subsequent failure of the entire implant.
- Nanomovement in the dental implants – As mentioned earlier, 2-3 months is required by the teeth for proper osseointegration with the implant. If the patient is not careful, he might end up chewing too hard with the implant and cause minor movement in the implant. This can loosen the implant, cause tissue growth and can be a precursor to an infection.
- Faulty placement of the implant – If the implant is placed at a less than ideal angle, grafting a tooth on top of it can be difficult. Such implants are also less durable.
Dentists at Whitezone are known was their flawless professional ways. None of the above mentioned complication is featured with whitezone dental clinic. Therefore whitezone is a best place in Kolkata for complication-free dental implant procedures.
What Makes Whitezone The Best Dental Clinic For Dental Implants?
- Our implant procedure is completely painless – We believe in delivering painless smiles and all are procedures are designed keeping this in mind.
- We complete the entire process in the least number of possible appointments – We understand that repeated visits for the same procedure can be exhausting for the patient. Therefore we finish all our services in the least number of appointments. But we never compromise on quality. Despite the least number of sittings, we adhere to the high quality safety standards we have set for ourselves.
- Attractive packages available – We believe in returning huge Return on Investment to our customers and hence we provide the best dental implant packages. It is not only value for money; it is based upon our belief of value for health.
- 100% success rate – Our expert doctors and tested techniques have made sure that none of our implants fail. Our success is our happy and healthy patients.
- No history of post-process complexities – We offer post process support and take care of our patients till the time they completely heal. This makes sure that our patients do not face any post procedure complication.
- Latest Equipments – All our equipments are latest and are thoroughly maintained. There is no room for faulty and obsolete instruments in Whitezone Clinic.
- Sterile Environment – We understand the importance of maintaining a germ-free environment and we sterilize the equipment and the clinic environment after every process.
- Hospitable Staffs – Going through a surgical process can be mentally draining and we understand this. Therefore our staffs are trained to be compassionate and help you in every possible way.
- Least Invasive Procedures